• kidsaid_0003_Vector-Smart-Object Donate

Childhood hunger is a local problem and Kids Aid is a local solution.

We mainly rely on the generosity of our community members to alleviate food insecurity for our children and their families. In fact, 70% of funding is donated from local individuals, businesses, churches, and service clubs. The remaining 30% is awarded in grants from foundations, most of whom are based in the Grand Valley and Colorado. Of note, Kids Aid does not receive any government funding. We are very proud of being a largely community funded organization—raising and keeping our funding right here in Mesa County. Ready to join in? Click here to contribute.

Your Dollars In Action

Just under half of the students in Mesa County are eligible for the Federal free and reduced-priced lunch program and may go home on the weekends with no access to food. Kids Aid provides emergency food relief so that kids can come back to school, fed and ready to learn.

DollarsInAction Weekend
DollarsInAction Month 2
DollarsInAction Year 1

Ways to Give

The best ways to support our organization are to give online or send a check. We’re big fans of transparency at Kids Aid, so we wanted to be sure to let you know that some online vendors do take a portion of proceeds to cover their processing costs. We’ve included the transaction fee with each option below, for your information.

PayPal Giving Fund

*PREFERRED* No transaction fee. Kids Aid receives 100% of your donation!

Colorado Gives

2% transaction fee

Send a Check

Kids Aid, 2978 Gunnison Avenue, Grand Junction CO 81504

Other Types of Donations

We often get asked “Can I donate my food items or other physical goods?” The short answer is no.

Though we absolutely appreciate the sentiment behind gifting items such as canned food or beverages, we can no longer accept these types of donations. Between health concerns related to food safety practices and varying sizes of goods which make it hard to distribute equally, it isn’t safe or fiscally responsible for us to accept food donations or any other physical items. And, we still want to honor your big heart, so we’ve shared some organizations below that do accept physical donations.

 

Have questions or want to add your organization to this list? Please use our contact form.